Random musings from a guy who has been around the block once or twice...

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Snapshot

Can you believe this weather? It's amazing - this is making up for the crap summer we had last year!

Consider this a more casual post...

Gord and I went camping last weekend (May 2-4) out at Cedars and it was awesome. It started off a bit wet but it soon cleared and we were able to get set up and make a decent dinner. We were joined by Jason and Greg the next day and the four of us really bonded over the course of Frisbee, dance music, great food and beer. The weekend was exactly what I needed. Although I did feel like I was playing catch up all week trying to get back my usual routine. I made the mistake this year by planning too many things with friends during this past week and it's didn't let me have some quiet time.

This weekend has been interesting to say the least. I spent alot of time with someone I barely knew a week ago and we managed to have a really good time. I try to protect myself from feeling too much or thinking about what was said/ done. I think I've hit this patch of loneliness these past couple of weeks and it seems like I am constantly trying to validate myself through various means. Perhaps I'm coming off the high in April where I was having 2 or 3 dates a week with different people and I felt I could do wrong. I'm not interested in feeling sorry for myself but it would be really great right now if something special would happen. While I can appreciate the good times like this past weekend with Jason, part of me feels some disappointment because I'm pretty sure that he's just not into me. I really don't think that he's even in my league which is sad to think about but I suppose it's not something I can control. Am I being sadistic even to have the slightest hope? What's wrong with me? All weekend I'm like "don't over-think, don't misinterpret, don't be fool"... As long as I can keep it real, the less likely I'll be disappointed in the end. If my ego somehow hadn't mysteriously disappeared I probably wouldn't be thinking about all of this. Let's get that back in line please... I've lined up 2 dates this week - maybe that will help...

Music - Ok two tracks totally rocking my world right now. Drake "Find Your Love" - So hot! (He's coming to my store for an autograph signing on June 21st.) Ne-Yo "Beautiful Monster" - it makes you wanna get up and move!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home