Random musings from a guy who has been around the block once or twice...

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Funny JJ Story...

So I was walking JJ today, doing the usual route and the funniest thing happened. You see JJ is very smart, he knows exactly where certain things are. So we were walking down Church Street this afternoon and we were about a block away from the vet's office and as soon as JJ realized it, he put on his brakes on which is something he's annoyingly learned how to do. He has an amazing amount of strength for something so tiny and when he wants to stay put his legs do him great service in making sure he don't move. So I've witnessed this "vet scare" a few times now and I've even crossed the road on some trips just so that I don' have to pick him up off the ground.

He gets his nails trimmed once every 6 weeks at the vet's office so I'm guessing it's something he just doesn't enjoy and therefore equats going that direction to going to that horrible place. Anyway how today is different is that not only did JJ put on the brakes he decided that he was going to go the other direction and walk back up the street with full force. He was so determined not to go past the vet's office that he was 10 feet out in front of me and barely looked back to see if I was following him back home. I couldn't believe how clever he was and I just couldn't stop laughing. Anyway needless to say I think I need to find a new route or think of some alley ways to get to the vet office next time he needs a trim.

1 Comments:

Blogger scrubs said...

cute... riesling seems to love the vet, i think its cuz they always load him up with treats there :)

January 21, 2008 at 5:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home